The time finally came that we decided to upgrade our TV and get an HDTV and a PS3 to play Blu-ray movies on. For the past couple of weeks I'd been looking at stores and deciding exactly what I wanted to get, and this weekend was the time to get it. We went from a 27" CRT to a 40" Samsung 720p HDTV and let me tell you, it sure is great to see movies on it. Even regular DVDs upscale pretty well and look good on it.
Although going high-def is great, that wasn't all what made the weekend great. Since Eve has been having difficulty finding time to do all that she needs to for her work, we've decided to try and schedule some Saturdays or weekends where I take the kids out and do as much as I can with them while Eve concentrates on her work. Yesterday was our first all-day experiment at trying that, so I took the kids around with me to the stores as I bought our high-def equipment. We also went to McDonald's to eat and went to a ward activity at the park. Although I was very tired by the end of the day, it was a day well spent. I really like spending time with the kids, especially when we do different things for our adventures. It's especially satisfying when I can balance doing things I like and spending time with family at the same time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment